Journal of Communicable Diseases
- ISSN: 2581-351X
- Print ISSN: 0019-5138(Print)
- Volume: 50
- Type of Journal: Open access & Peer-review
- Frequency: Quarterly
- Publication fees: INR 2500/USD 99 per article (This fees includes DOI cost as well)
- Publisher: ADR Publications
- Official Publication: Indian Society for Malaria and Other Communicable Diseases (ISMOCD)
- Available Format: Print + Open Access
- Hard Copy for Authors: Rs 1000/- per copy with a complementary Certificate of Publication
- Subscription Price for Institution/ Organization: Rs. 5500.00/ $600.00
ICI (Index Copernicus International), ISA, Google, DRJI, ESJI, Jour informatics, Cite Factor, SIS, BASE, Cosmos impact factor, IFSIJ, JSTOR, Infobase index, OAJI.
Journal of Communicable Diseases, is published by ADR Publications and is the official publication of Indian Society of Malaria and Other Communicable Diseases.
Journal of Communicable Diseases covers scientific researches in the field of communicable diseases.
Accept articles with scientific excellence in the form of (1) Original articles in basic and field research (2) Critical reviews, (3) surveys, (4) Case studies, (5) opinions/Correspondence/letters to editor, etc.
The first issue of the publication entitled “Bulletin of the National Society of India for Malaria and Other Mosquito-Borne Diseases” the precursor of “Journal of Communicable Disease” (J Commun Dis) was brought out in 1953.
The objects and purposes of J Commun Dis are:
- to advance knowledge regarding the cause, prevalence, epidemiology, treatment, prevention and control of malaria and other-mosquito-borne diseases and other communicable diseases.
- to stimulate scientific and practical interest among individuals and organizations in the prompt and effective application of treatment and control methods.
- to integrate scientific and field activities and co-ordinate various scientific investigations.
- to disseminate such knowledge both to scientists and to the general public.
The name of the Bulletin was changed to "Bulletin of the Indian Society for Malaria and Other Communicable Diseases" in 1964 and Subsequently, to "Journal of Communicable Diseases" in 1968. The Journal started its quarterly publication from 1969 under the editorship of Dr. S.L. Dhir, the then President of the Society.
It has made its place at International level and is indexed/abstracted by all leading agencies, viz. Index Medicus including Bibliography of Medical Reviews, Quarterly Bibliography of Major Tropical Diseases, Biological Abstracts, Tropical Diseases Bulletin, Abstract of Hygiene, Excerpt Medica, U.S.S.R. Academy of Sciences and Safety Science Abstract and Index-Catalogue of Medical and Veterinary Zoology and Drugs and Pharmaceuticals. Today the Journal of Communicable Diseases publishes 975 copies at quarterly interval.
Tags: Communicable Diseases