Dr. A. K. Mandal
Current Profile: Director Professor & HOD, Pathology Department, Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College & Hospital, New Delhi.
Educational Qualification: MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, MD Pathology from AIIMS, New Delhi and Ph.D from Fukushima Medical University, Japan.
- Founder Principal and Dean, Government Medical College, Distt. Pauri Gharwal, Uttarakhand.
- Deputy Director General (Medical Education) in Ministry of Health & Family welfare, Nirman Bhawan, Government of India.
- Director NEGRIHMS, Meghalaya [on duel charge during the posting as Deputy Director General ( Medical Education) in Ministry of Health & Family welfare
- Director All India Instt. Of Hygiene and Public Health, Kolkata. (A Central Government Institute)
- Vice president National Board of Examination (DNB) from 98 - 2001
- Additional Director, National Centre for Disease Control, Delhi.
- Director, Professor and Head of the Department of Pathology, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital New Delhi. Aug 2012 – 26 Dec 2017
- Director, Professor and Head of the Department of Pathology, Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College, Rohini, Delhi-110085
Academic Position Held
- Assistant Professor – Maulana Azad Medical College, N. Delhi
- Associate Professor - Maulana Azad Medical College, N. Delhi
- Professor - Maulana Azad Medical College, N. Delhi
- Director Professor and Head - Maulana Azad Medical College; VMMC & Safdarjang Hospital , N. Delhi (Continuing)
- Editor in chief Recent advances in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Member of Editorial Board of various National and International Journals such as Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology.
- Received various honors and awards. One of the most prestigious award was a Gold medal from Fukushima Medical University, Japan for contribution to medical science.
- Publications: published 145 research papers in various national and international journals and four text books.
- 09 Research Projects completed of various funding agencies such as ICMR, DST, UGC, Ministry of Environment and Forests, DBT & CSIR.
- Entamoeba histolytica – bacterium interaction and the role of this interaction in intestinal pathogenesis – AMOEBAC – in collaboration with international consortium consisting of France, Israel and Germany along with School of life sciences, JNU. Funding agency – European Union.
- Fast detection of intestinal parasites using multiplex real time PCR – research project – in collaboration with School of life sciences, JNU. Funding agency –Department of Biotechnology (DBT).